The first trip with your 0 to 6-month-old baby cannot be prepared overnight. It is best to choose a long weekend and a destination near you for the first attempt, so that he can get used to other places.
Also, it would be best not to change accommodation every night to not upset his habits too much. When it gradually gets used to the different types of accommodation (hotel, guest room …) and means of transport, the stays can become longer. But always think about your child when choosing a destination. It is not always a good idea to go to the south in the middle of high summer or take the baby to the mountains at over 1,800 meters. The air in the mountains is very dry, which can lead to laryngitis. No matter where you travel: Check with your pediatrician that your baby is healthy and that there are no health risks that could interfere with his stay. If everything is in order, there is no reason why you should not travel with your little one. It’s usually easiest with babies. The only drawback is the amount of luggage they need! Whether you’re traveling by car, train, ship or airplane: Once your child is a little older, remember to bring a few things to keep your child entertained! Books, games, stickers, crayons and coloring books, a tablet and … little gifts you can promise them to have a half an hour of quiet time! This will create a cheerful mood on the trip that always seems too long to the children … and to the parents!
DO NOT FORGET!
• Travel cot
• Baby carrier
• Diaper bag
• Mobile baby seat
• Bottle, water bottle, cup (depending on age)
• Day and night clothes, booties, hat, sunglasses, hats, gloves (depending on the season)
• Baby monitor, flashlight
• Sunscreen and after-sun care, parasol
• Necessary for meals
• Hygiene kit
• First aid kit (plasters, compresses, disinfectant, thermometer, physiological serum, painkillers)
• Important documents (identity card or family booklet, birth certificate, vaccination record and health passport, pediatrician’s contact information, health insurance, prescriptions if it is under treatment)
• Favorite cuddly toy and other toys it likes